Ybor Festival of the Moving Image 2009
The credits have rolled on the 2008 release of the Ybor Festival of the Moving Image.
But we are looking forward to the Seventh Annual Ybor Festival of the Moving Image, scheduled for April 1-5, 2009.
The theme of the 2009 Festival will be "Humor and Satire. We will begin taking submissions October 1, 2008.
We thank our many sponsors without whom the Festival would never have been possible.
Our goal is to meet the objectives of the Ybor Festival of the Moving Image:
- To perpetuate a unique, non-competitive contemporary motion picture exhibition and conference that explores both the history of cinema while presenting examples of the newest, cutting edge filmmaking and technology.
- To educate and expand the understanding of the both the students and general public about the significance and influence of moving image media on our culture.
- To invite and showcase respected regional and national film artists, develop an international film component, commission new works, and provide a valuable resource for networking between visiting filmmakers and our community.
- Encourage collaborations between the festival and community organizations, businesses, merchants, artists, families, and students, with a special focus on Ybor City Historic District and its diverse cultural base.
- To raise the profile of Hillsborough Community College-Ybor as an important and dedicated force in the cultural life of the Tampa Bay area and Florida.